Thursday, August 16, 2007

Determined to find a bargain

We somehow ended up back in Ximen. We spent way too much time there, each time forgetting that it’s not the place to find good restaurants, indoor cafes or teashops, or malls in which to keep cool.

I was determined to find some fashion bargains so I sneaked off to another neighbourhood off "camera street" on my own leaving David reading in the hotel. I found a shopping area full of shops where middle-aged women rummaged for cardigans in cardboard boxes. Is this the only alternative to teen trash? One shop specialized in linen and I am a bit of a linen fan. I didn’t care that everyone else in the shop was dumpy and over 50. I came away with a great summer suit for 590 Taiwanese dollars. I just did a currency conversion. That’s about 9 UK pounds!

No comments: