Sunday, August 5, 2007

And down again

Video clip near the top

We had been promised breakfast and I was absolutely starving. Arata gave us each a Tupperware with a couple of cold banana toasties and some cheese, egg and onion sandwiches. No tea! I was very disappointed. I was fantasizing about a cup of tea all the way up. We didn’t hang about for long as it was cold and we were keen to get on with it as we knew it would be a difficult descent.

The first part was tough because of all the loose stones on top of the large rocks which made the path very slippery. I didn’t fancy falling down the steep slope of the volcano, so I took it slow and steady. Arata made phonecalls all the way down to his “friends”. The conversations went like this:

Arata (cheerfully): Good Morning!
“Friend”: Morning. Who’s that?
Arata: Arata
Friend: Who?
Arata: Arata. From Bali.
Friend: Oh hi.
Arata: Did I wake you?
Friend: yeah, it’s only ##am!
Arata: Oh, sorry. I forgot about the time difference. I have just climbed Guning Agung!
Friend: What’s that?
Arata: Gunung Agung, Bali’s highest mountain.

And so on. Repeat 5 or 6 times.

I heard the other side of the conversation as for some reason the annoying git had his mobile on speaker phone!

No comments: